Please note that this software was written to work with Risc OS 3.7. It may work with later (and earlier) 26-bit versions of OS but is unlikely to work with the 32-bit versions on the Iyonix.
There is nothing I can do about this. My Risc PC died early in 2005 and nothing I have tried will bring it back to life. All the source code is on its hard drive. I probably do have copies on floppies but without access to the machine I cannot read them.
8th March 1998
This random Fortune Cookie generator for Marcel signatures requires Marcel 1.26 or later. The Marcel feature which allows this is undocumented in 1.26 but is documented for later versions.
Version 0.35 of Random Cookies is much more configurable than all earlier versions. It now includes the following features:
- Signatures are under the control of the random cookie program instead of the obey file which calls it, though this can be suppressed if desired.
- Separate signatures for mail and news if required.
- An alternative set of signatures can be used at run time.
- Cookies can be suppressed on individual emails or via a simple filter system which always suppresses cookies to specified (or all) destinations. Suppressing cookies does not suppress signatures.
- Each user on a multi-user system may have a different set of signatures and filters.
Users of earlier versions should not copy this version over the top of the existing one. Doing so will leave redundant files and may possibly stop the program from working. These users will also probably need to alter the way in which they have the program set up.
The software on this site only runs under Risc OS. It will not run under Windows, DOS or any other PC thingy.
Of course it won’t run under Mac OS, Unix or any other operating system either but then if you use one of these you’ve probably sussed that out already. It seems to be only PC users who have trouble in this respect :-)